Answer the questions. Here are some sites that might be helpful, but you can use any resource.
1. In what parts of the world are coral reefs located?
2. Are there any coral reefs in the Arctic Ocean?
3. What is coral? (what kind of organism)
4. Draw a picture of a coral polyp or several polyps together.
5. What are cnidae and nematocysts?
6. How does coral get food? What does it eat?
7. What are zooxanthellae and why are they important?
8. How does coral grow and reproduce? How do reefs form?
9. How much does a coral reef usually grow in a year?
10. Why are coral reefs so important? Give at least two reasons.