- What percent of the Earth’s fresh water is found in glaciers?
- What type of glacier exists in the Southern Alps, New Zealand?
- What types of glacier landforms are found around Mounta Caubvick in Newfoundland, Canada?
- What type of glacier exists at the Torngat Mountains in Newfoundland, Canada?
- The majority of the glaciers in Glacier Bay, Alaska are tidewater glaciers? What do
tidewater glaciers have in common? (What do tourists expect to see at Glacier Bay?)
Inside a Glacier – How it Flows?
- Why is the bottom of the glacier very dirty?
- Dr. Miriam Jackson compares the movement of the glacier across the rock as sandpaper. What does she mean?
- Water pockets are at the bottom of the glacier. How do the little pockets of water
contribute to the movement of the glacier?
Adapted from a Georgia Virtual Learning assignment