Start by reading the problem by clicking on the title “Metals Density Problem” in the top right corner.
Place the following items on the workbench:
1. Double click on METAL 1 to place it on the workbench.
2. Click on the GLASSWARE, then GRADUATED CYLINDER, then 25 ML GRADUATED CYLINDER to place it on the workbench.
3. Click on TOOLS, then SCALE to place a balance on the workbench.
Procedure for finding metal masses and volumes:
4. Place the 25 mL graduated cylinder on the balance by clicking and dragging it
ABOVE THE BALANCE and placing it down on top of the balance. Record the mass of
the empty cylinder on the data sheet.
5. Remove the graduated cylinder from the balance by clicking and dragging.
6. Click and drag the Metal 1 bottle and place it so that the bottle and the graduated
cylinder overlap. This gets the metal ready to be dispensed into the cylinder. Click and
hold the POUR tab at the bottom of the screen. When you release the hold, the solid
will be in the cylinder and you should read the volume from the graduated cylinder.
Record to at least the tenths place on your data sheet.
7. Remove the bottle from the graduated cylinder.
8. Place the filled graduated cylinder on top of the balance and record the new mass.
9. Click on FILE and then REMOVE WORKBENCH 1 to load a new workbench.
Metals 2 and 3: Repeat the above procedure, Steps 4-9.
(edited from source)