- As you commute to work or school in the morning, which is most likely to be larger?
- A. The magnitude of your displacement
- B. The distance you travel
- C. Not enough information to say
- If you are carrying a ball and running at constant speed and wish to throw the ball so that you can catch it as it comes back down, should you
- A. throw the ball at an angle of about 45o above the horizontal and maintain the same speed?
- B. throw the ball straight in the air and slow down to catch it?
- C. throw the ball straight in the air and maintain the same speed?
- As a projectile moves in its parabolic path, the velocity and acceleration vectors are perpendicular to each other
- A. everywhere along its path
- B. at the peak of its path
- C. nowhere along its path
- D. not enough information is given
- A home run is hit in a baseball game. The ball is hit from home plate into the center field stands, along a parabolic path. What is the acceleration of the ball
- while it is rising?
- at the higher point of the trajectory?
- while it is descending after reaching the highest point?
(IGNORE AIR RESISTANCE)
Answers: b, c, b, g = 9.80 m/s2 for all situations,or 9.80 m/s2,or -9.80 m/s2