Recommended order of courses:
- Literature and Composition I – 8th or 9th grade
- Literature and Composition II – 9th or 10th grade
- American Literature and Composition – 10th or 11th grade
- British Literature and Composition – 11th or 12th grade
- Advanced Literature and Composition – recommended for 12th grade if they have completed the other courses
More on English
Four years of English is recommended, 180 days each year.
Literature & Composition I is based on a 9th grade course and can be used for high school or for Level 8 if your student has been following EP’s progression of English courses in the lower grades. If your 9th grader is new to EP, they should start with Lit & Comp I.
Peer editing is when students swap their writings to get feedback. They will be instructed as to when to share something for peer editing. Ideally, try to find someone of the same age in your local homeschool community who would swap papers with your child to give each other feedback on their writing.