Please review the FAQs and contact us if you find a problem.
Physical Education and Health
Course Description: Students will read current articles on health topics. They will also regularly execute an intensive interval training program.
- If you didn’t get here through My EP Assignments, I suggest you go there and create an account.
- This is a once-a-week course. It will appear in your lessons only once a week. You’ll need to make a plan as to when you are going to complete any assignments before the next week’s lesson.
- Before we begin our year, here’s a reminder. No one is allowed to touch you in a way that you don’t like. No one is allowed to tell you to show them any private part of your body. If someone is talking to you or touching you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, talk to your parents or someone your family trusts right away. And of course, you aren’t allowed to do the same to another. It can be illegal to share immodest pictures of yourself. Don’t let anyone ask them from you and don’t ever volunteer them.
- Read a health article. Tell a parent about what you learned. (*Note to parents: I don’t control the topics of these articles. You should be aware what your child is reading about. These can be something to discuss.)
- Practice your family fire drill.
- Read about the “Scientific Seven Minute Workout.” In the article there is a link to another article. Read that article.
- Read a health article. Tell a parent about what you learned.
- Do the 7 minute workout. You can find the directions and list of exercises lots of places, but this is a neat timer that walks you through it.
- You could maybe do the workout on Monday and Tuesday, and on Thursday and Friday, and then read the article on Wednesday. Or you could do the workout every day, or come up with your own schedule.
Want to switch up your workout? Here’s the Marine Corps workout.