The Odyssey Newspaper Article Assignment
Write a newspaper article with a headline that would have appeared in a newspaper in Odysseus’ day (if newspapers had existed back then). Choose an event from the book and write an article about it. Make sure you answer the who? what? where? when? and why? in your article.
* Your article should be at least three paragraphs, approximately 6-8 sentences each.
Grading Rubric (100 points possible)
- Headline appropriate to content of book (10 points)
- Who? (10 points)
- What? (10 points)
- When? (10 points)
- Where? (10 points)
- Why? (10 points)
- Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation/etc. (10 points)
- Content factually correct (20 points)
- Article format & length (10 points)
(Adapted from a Georgia Virtual Learning assignment)